This year I must admit Pinterest had so many recipes I wanted to do, but only a few things actually got made. I wanted to document these so next year when Morgan is a little older we can do these again because they were delicious!
Rice Krispy Easter Eggs
6 cups Rice Krispies
3 tbsp. butter-melted
1 bag marshmallows (we used the miniature)
Microwave marshmallows for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Dump Rice Krispies and melted butter. Mix together and then form into Easter Egg shapes.
Trick to doing this while still hot-wet your hands. When the water starts to dry, wet again till finished. Its amazing that water will not allow them to stick to your hands.
Source: Blue-Eyed Bride
I look forward to doing these next year when hopefully Morgan will understand a little better.
1 (10 oz.) can crescent dinner rolls
8 large marshmallows
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
Let your kids have their own crescent triangle. This represents the tomb.
Then have your child take one marshmallow . This represents the Body of Christ.
The butter, cinnamon and sugar represent the oils and spices that Jesus’ body was anointed with when he was buried.
The marshmallow is laid in the crescent roll representing Jesus’ body being laid in the tomb.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet
3. Separate crescent rolls into individual triangles
4. In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar
5. Dip a large marshmallow into melted butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Place marshmallow into the center of the dough triangle. Carefully wrap the dough around the marshmallow. Pinch the seams together very tightly to seal the marshmallow as it melts. Place on baking sheet. Repeat.
6. Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
(Make sure you pinch the seams really well or the marshmallow will ooze out of the sides)
I ended up mixing the leftover cinnamon, sugar, and butter and putting it on top of the crescent rolls. I thought it was a nice addition.
When you cut into the crescent roll (tomb) you’ll see that the marshmallow is no longer there!
The tomb is empty! Jesus is risen and He is alive!
Birds Nest Treats
Source: We love Being Moms!
These were really good and so easy to make.