Life with the Wallaces

Gulf Shores {Day 2-July 28}

Leave a comment

Day 2 started out with lots of rain and pretty much rained the entire day so there was no beach and no trips to the pool either.

Morgan had to go check out the balcony and make sure it was alright. She loved to just sit out here with us and enjoy the time.

We got a bath and had to improvise with bath toys with her beach ones instead. She seemed to think they were even better and loved to run them under the faucet.

We started the day out with a trip to Lamberts to meet some friends that Chad graduated high school with. Morgan slept for most of the trip to go see them but as soon as we got there she woke up and didnt want to go back to sleep. They had two little girls and Morgan just watched and wanted everything that their older one had. Lamberts is a great atmosphere but you definitely pay for the atmosphere. Morgan did not want to eat anything other than her oyster crackers and a little bread.

At Lamberts Morgan got her first balloon from a restaurant and she did not want to let it go. She of course was absolutely so tired but did not want to take a nap. There was just too much going on for her to take a nap.

After we left, we went and visited the Old Time Pottery place since it was so close. I found a mini water bottle for Morgan like mommys for a great price and also found a great picture frame for my classroom for cheap! Morgans favorite part of Old Time Pottery is when we went outside and she got to play with the water fountains that had a frog on it. Then right across from it was an even bigger fountain (keyword water). If it has anything to do with water shes going to love it! A little video also of her running back and forth from one fountain to the other.

We didn’t get far out of Old Time Pottery and this was the sweet little girl that we saw-zonked out finally! We ended up driving around for a while and just seeing what was going on. Morgan was asleep and it was raining so we weren’t going to be doing much else. She ended up taking a decent nap thank goodness!

Afterwards, we went back to the condo and just relaxed and played a bit. Morgan thought it was pretty cool the bunk beds and thought it was even cooler when she got to stand on the top bunk.

We ventured out to eat dinner and pretty much it seemed like anywhere we went was a 2 hour wait. We put our names on the waiting list at Original Oyster House and went shopping around the area. When we got back from our shopping excursion we still had to wait a while so we went shopping for toys and up and down the stairs which Morgan loved!

We came back to the condo and Morgan was out in a matter of minutes. Of course when we got back to the condo she woke up and was full of energy.

She found her other cup and wanted it. She wanted it not the cup I had her milk in of course. Miss Independent and a mind of her own now!

This night was when we were woken up at 11 pm because Morgan got sick. We think it had to do with what she ate at Original Oyster House possibly. Poor thing threw up and then seemed to want to go right back to sleep. Having your little one sick while you are on vacation is definitely a little stressful.

Check back tomorrow at 8 am for Day 3 at the beach.


Author: Amber Wallace

High School Digital Media teacher that is married to a Digital Media Communications at a local college. We have one little girl who was born May 28, 2010 and hope to add another one soon!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s