>Last night we went to the last class which was the breastfeeding class and just a few notes that I learned. I plan on doing it until I go back to work but just dont see it feasible once I go back to school and wont have a free moment until the end of the day due to classes.
- they have two different positions (football and cradle) that are most common
- if you breastfeed the baby has a lot more dirty diapers than a baby getting formula
- I wont ever sleep (or thats how I kind of feel if the baby feeds every 1-3 hrs and can feed 30 min to an hour)
- dont give a baby that is breastfeeding a bottle or your supply will go down
- dont give a baby a pacifier for the first month or the baby will have a hard time getting adjusted and might have difficulties
- dont pump for the first month or you might overproduce
- make sure the baby is latched on correctly and the baby is turned body towards you.
In the other class I learned several different things but one thing that has really stuck with me that I had no clue of is for a baby under 6 months don’t do the ear thermometer or temporal thermometer because it doesn’t give as accurate of results as the under the arm or rectal method until they are 6 months or older.
Any other thoughts on breastfeeding or general baby feel free to share I’m always open.
Below is the 9th OB appointment if anyone is interested from yesterday